MLPOS Directors Meeting. Feb 8 2021.

Attendees: Jeremy Harwood President and Chair

Bob Coulson Vice President

Lori Davenport Secretary

Jean Deschenes Treasurer

Robb Zuk Marina Operations Manager

Art Curtis Marina Projects Manager

Mike Wiley Recreation/Tennis

Dave Reed Member-at-Large

Joanna Rogers Office Manager and Meeting Host

Absent: Wally Foster Marina General Manager

Ian Syme Marina Maintenance Manager

Discussion Action

1. Called to order at

4:05pm

2. Approval of Agenda Approved Motioned by Bob

Seconded by Mike

Carried

3. Approval of previous

minutes

Approved Motioned by Jeremy

Seconded by Jean

Carried

4. Delegation No Delegates

5. Treasurer’s Report  Jean presented the attached report for

discussion

 Revenue, expenses on track

 Increase in casual moorage

Motioned by Bob

Seconded by Mike

Carried

6. Marina Report  There is only one boat that requires

cleaning and a notice will be sent directly

to the owner. There is no need to send

out Boat Cleaning notice to all boat

owners.

Art/Wally

7. Recreation/Tennis

Report

Pickle ball

 Weather dependent to complete lines on

court will be April or May.

Tennis

 Fairly quiet, mostly regulars

On-going

MLPOS Directors’ meeting minutes

02/08/2021

8. Director-at-Large Water & Sewer

 3 km of new pipe to be installed

 Construction to start in April

Dave

9. Local Governance Bob Coulson will represent MLPOS and

investigate the process outlined by the Local

Government Restructure Planning & Process.

Motioned by Rob

Seconded by Jeremy

Carried

10. New Business Playground and Shelters

 Expand existing playground on Privateers

Road and add 2 shelters

 Applying for Co-op Community Spaces

Grant, submission deadline is March 1

 Budget $150,000

 Waiting for quote and design plans from

Green Roots Playground Inc.

 Jean to provide quote for material and

supervised install for 2 shelters

On-going

11. Other Island Trust

 MLPOS encourages our members to

voice their concerns to Trustees about

proposed Land Use Bylaw changes.

 Dave to invite our Trustee(s) to attend

next Directors’ meeting to provide

accurate information about proposed

bylaw changes, advise where to access

the information and how to submit

comments to Trustees.

Dave

12. Adjourn Adjourned at 5:20 pm

Next Meeting: March 8, 2021 @4:00 pm

Location: Legion Hall or Zoom

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square