MLPOS Directors Meeting December 9, 2019.

MINUTES OF THE MAGIC LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS` SOCIETY

DIRECTORS MEETING

HELD ON DECEMBER 9 2019 AT 4:00 PM

AT PENDER ISLANDS SCHOOL

PENDER ISLANDS, BC

PRESENT: Kathy Gilbert Secretary

Ian Syme Marina Maintenance Manager

Robb Zuk Marina Operations Manager

Wally Foster Marina General Manager

Art Curtis Marina Projects Manager

Mike Wiley Director of Recreation / Tennis

Joanna Rogers Office Manager

REGRETS: Jeremy Harwood President

Bob Coulson Vice-President

Dave Reed Member-at-Large

Jean Deschenes Treasurer

1. CALL TO ORDER

A/Chair Wally Foster called the meeting to order at 4:15 pm.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Moved by Ian Syme

Seconded Art Curtis

THAT the agenda be approved.

CARRIED

3. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

Moved by Mike Wiley

Seconded by Robb Zuk

THAT the minutes of the November 14 2019 Magic Lake Property Owners' Society meeting, be approved.

CARRIED

4. DELEGATIONS

None

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING

None.

6. TREASURER`S REPORT

Joanna Rogers presented the Treasurer’s report, noting that November was a relatively quiet month.

A/I

  • Robb and Joanna will connect to review and update the casual moorage contract holders.

Moved by Robb Zuk

Seconded by Ian Syme

THAT the Treasurer’s report be approved.

CARRIED

7. DIRECTOR REPORTS

  1. Marina

Joanna will be invited to Marina crew meetings.

Wally presented the latest Marina Directors’ report to the Board and will email future minutes of meetings to Board members.

Wally noted that there is a need to identify skills that the volunteers have that they might contribute to marina maintenance (eg small engine repair for the marina tools.)

Art is assembling a list of capital projects.

Fire extinguishers are being serviced.

A/I

  • Marina team will take fire extinguishers to Sidney in batches so that the marina always has a number of fire extinguishers on hand.

Following are action items to be addressed in the future, as time permits, and are being taken care of by the Marina team:

A/Is

  • Jean and Joanna will continue to investigate insurance for volunteers; Joanna will come up with various scenarios (accidents etc.)and check to see if our insurance covers each scenario.

  • Kathy Gilbert will order recording equipment for Board meetings.

  • Marina team will forward marina team minutes to Board members following each marina team meeting.

  • Wally to contact Glenn Henderson to obtain the volunteers list and Glenn’s list of potential volunteers.

  • A spill kit is on order.

  • Joanna has a list of volunteers, their skills, and will send the membership list to Robb;

  • Wally will contact Braedon (Big Dig em) regarding future work toward armouring the breakwater.

Recreation / Tennis Report

The drop-in time for matches is now 1:00 pm (winter hours.)

On a dry day, about 16 people attend matches.

A/Is

  • Joanna and Mike will get together to review membership list.

  • Mike will acquire replacement plywood for the courts.

  • Joanna will check with Home Hardware to determine who is authorized to put items on the Magic Lake Property Owners' Society account.

  1. Director-at-Large

No report.

Moved by Mike Wiley

Seconded by Art Curtis

THAT the Directors’ reports be approved.

CARRIED

8. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

9. NEW BUSINESS

None.

10. OTHER

The reservoir level sign at Firehall #2 requires more frequent updating. Wally will bring this up at the next Water and Sewer Committee meeting.

A/Is

  • Wally will ask the CRD for the official results of the sewer referendum.

  • Kathy Gilbert will add this information to the Pender Post article and will routinely include any information affecting Magic Lake Estates residents in the articles.

  • Joanna will send referendum results to Magic Lake Estates members.

11. ADJOURNMENT

.

The meeting was adjourned at 5:10 pm.

Next meeting

Monday, January 13 2020

4:00 pm

Pender Islands School

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square