MLPOS Directors Meeting November 14, 2019.

MINUTES OF THE MAGIC LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS` SOCIETY

DIRECTORS MEETING

HELD ON NOVEMBER 14 2019 AT 4:00 PM

AT 3703 ROPE ROAD

PENDER ISLANDS, BC

PRESENT: Jeremy Harwood President

Bob Coulson Vice-President

Kathy Gilbert Secretary

Dave Reed Member-at-Large

Ian Syme Marina Maintenance Manager

Robb Zuk Marina Operations Manager

Jean Deschenes Treasurer

Wally Foster Marina General Manager

Art Curtis Marina Projects Manager

Mike Wiley Director of Recreation / Tennis

Joanna Rogers Office Manager

REGRETS:

GUEST: Glenn Henderson

1. CALL TO ORDER

Chair Jeremy Harwood called the meeting to order at 4:15 pm.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Moved by Dave Reed

Seconded by Ian Syme

THAT the agenda be approved.

CARRIED

3. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

Moved by Jean Deschenes

Seconded by Wally Foster

THAT the minutes of the October 7 2019 Magic Lake Property Owners' Society meeting, as amended, be approved.

CARRIED

4. DELEGATIONS

None

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING

None

6. TREASURER`S REPORT

Treasurer Jean Deschenes noted that October was a relatively quiet month. Revenues were up, year over year by $692, mainly due to moorage and breakwater fees and expenses up, year over year by $623, mainly due to insurance paid in October 2019.

Moved by Wally Foster

Seconded by Dave Reed

THAT the Treasurer’s report be approved.

CARRIED

7. DIRECTOR REPORTS

  1. Marina

Robb Zuk has added security to the spreadsheet, so that only authorized members of the Board can update the spreadsheet. He will add capital projects to the spreadsheet.

Anticipated upcoming capital projects and other expenses include:

  • Assessment and replacement of pilings as needed;

  • Further work on the east end of the breakwater;

  • Addition of more tools in the marina work shed;

  • Updating the fire extinguishers;

  • Purchasing at least 2 marina spill kits.

Robb is updating the dinghy dock list. Ownership of each dinghy must be determined and recorded. Charges for use of the dinghy dock will be based on the length of each dinghy.

Board members were reminded that further discussion is needed regarding volunteer insurance; specifically, with respect to coverage needed.

Marina moorage fees will now be measured by length of slip, rather than boat length. Marina fees will be increased.

Moved by Jeremy Harwood

Seconded by Bob Coulson

THAT marina moorage fees be increased from $12 / foot to $13.5 / foot per year.

CARRIED

When the marina contracts are sent out in May, information will be provided on:

  • Vessel measurement calculations will be made on length of slip;

  • Increase in moorage fees from $12 / foot to $13.50 / foot;

  • Reminding marina members to ensure that vessel motor(s) can fit into the slip, and to seek a larger slip to accommodate the motor(s) if necessary.

Required armouring of the breakwater will be followed up with the contractor who will do the work, by Glenn Henderson and Wally Foster.

The Board members authorized to use the marina credit card require updating. Art Curtis and Ian Syme will be added, and Glenn Henderson removed. Joanna Rogers will make the necessary changes with MasterCard.

Bob will set up Magic Lake Property Owners' Society accounts with Acklands to enable the society to receive discounts.

Bob will provide an update on the work to be done by cold water divers.

  1. Recreation / Tennis Report

None.

  1. Director-at-Large

Dave Reed advised that the Magic Like Estates Water and Sewer Committee approved their annual budget. He reminded Board members of the November 23rd referendum on borrowing for needed sewer system upgrades. Joanna will send out a reminder to vote to Magic Lake Property Owners' Society members.

Dave advised that there is an upcoming study / assessment of the Buck Lake dam.

Dave will talk with CRD Director Dave Howe regarding possible funding to upgrade the playground equipment at the tennis courts.

Moved by Dave Reed

Seconded by Bob Coulson

THAT the Directors’ reports be approved.

CARRIED

8. CORRESPONDENCE

Joanna Rogers advised that Sharon Salmon donated a brochure and two photographs from the 1970s to our archives. Joanna will add these items to the website.

9. NEW BUSINESS

  1. Update signing authorities with Island Savings Credit Union (ISCU)

Jeremy Harwood, Jean Deschenes, Kathy Gilbert and Bob Coulson are now the authorized signatories. Jean Deschenes will contact ISCU to make the necessary changes.

  1. Discuss Magic Lake Property Owners' Society credit cards

See item 7a above.

10. OTHER

  1. AGM hearing difficulties

This will be addressed prior to the 2020 AGM.

  1. Meeting attendance update

Dave Reed advised that he will miss the next 4 meetings.

11. ADJOURNMENT

The meeting was adjourned at 5:15 pm.

Next meeting

Monday, December 9 2019

4:00 pm

Pender Islands School

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square