MLPOS Directors Meeting - August 13, 2018

MINUTES OF THE MAGIC LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS` SOCIETY

DIRECTORS MEETING

HELD ON AUGUST 13 2018 AT 4:00 PM

AT THIEVES BAY PARK

PENDER ISLAND, BC

PRESENT: Jeremy Harwood President

Dave Reed Member-at-Large

Kathy Gilbert Secretary

Joanna Rogers Office Manager

Mike Wiley Director of Recreation / Tennis

Art Curtis Marina Maintenance Manager

Ian Syme Marina Projects Manager

Glenn Henderson Marina General Manager

REGRETS: Peter Morton Vice-President

Patrick Cramond Marina Operations Manager

Jean Deschenes Treasurer

1. CALL TO ORDER

Chair Harwood called the meeting to order at 4:06 pm.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Moved by Dave Reed

Seconded by Glenn Henderson

That the agenda be approved.

CARRIED

3. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

Moved by Glenn Henderson

Seconded by Art Curtis

That the Minutes of the July 9 2018 Magic Lake Property Owners’ Society Directors Meeting be approved.

CARRIED

4. DELEGATION

None.

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES

None.

6. TREASURER`S REPORT

Treasurer Jean Deschenes was not present. Joanna advised that there were no unexpected revenues or expenses to report.

7. DIRECTOR REPORTS

Marina

Glenn Henderson is updating and refining the spreadsheet that has been developed to assign berths.

Glenn will work with Paul Barber and Peter Morton to install the new Magic Lake welcome sign near Firehall 2.

The marina crew was asked to make some minor changes to the dock where the ambulance boat is moored to improve ergonomics when the ambulance crew is loading patients on to the boat. A lighting solution was also requested.

Recreation / Tennis Report

Mike Wiley stated that resurfacing of the tennis courts is deferred until 2019. He will investigate costs and availability of other contractor(s) who have the skills and experience in tennis court resurfacing.

Jeremy Harwood will order playground equipment to replace some of the aging swings and chains.

Director-at-Large

Dave Reed reported that work has started toward replacing sewer system components. The lawn bowling group is looking at the possibility of locating a facility near Danny Martin Park. He advised that Thieves Bay park will closed for a number of months during the winter to allow for drainage works to be installed.

Moved by Glenn Henderson

Seconded by Dave Reed

That the Directors’ reports be approved.

CARRIED

8. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

9. New Business

New Constitution and Bylaws

Board members discussed at length the changes made as a requirement of enactment of the new Societies Act; and further review of the existing bylaws. Board members and Joanna Rogers refined and wordsmithed the proposed constitution and bylaws. The new constitution and bylaws must be approved at the AGM on October 13 2018. Kathy Gilbert will make changes as discussed at the August 13 2018 meeting and will recirculate to Board members for their endorsement via email.

Positions up for election at AGM

The following positions are up for election:

Secretary

Treasurer

Member-at-Large

Marina Projects Manager

Marina Construction Manager

Additionally, two positions will be vacated prior to expiry of the incumbents’ term following the AGM:

Vice President

Marina Operations Manager

If the bylaws are adopted as proposed at the AGM, the vacated positions wil be filled by Board appointment until the term of the positions comes up for renewal.

Other resolutions for the AGM

No motions other than the regular AGM motions and adoption of the new constitution and bylaws are anticipated prior to mail out of the 2018 AGM package.

10. OTHER

Jeremy will prepare a president’s letter for inclusion in the AGM package (AGM to be held on October 13 2018.

11. ADJOURNMENT

The meeting was adjourned at 5:50 pm.

Next meeting

August 13 2018 at 4:00 pm. Location Thieves Bay Park.

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square