MLPOS Directors Meeting February 10 2020.

MINUTES OF THE MAGIC LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS` SOCIETY

DIRECTORS MEETING

HELD ON February 10, 2020 AT 4:00 PM

AT PENDER ISLANDS SCHOOL

PENDER ISLANDS, BC

PRESENT: Jeremy Harwood President

Bob Coulson Vice-President

Kathy Gilbert Secretary

Treasurer Jean Deschenes

Robb Zuk Marina Operations Manager

Wally Foster Marina General Manager

Mike Wiley Director of Recreation / Tennis

Joanna Rogers Office Manager (until 5:00 PM)

REGRETS: Dave Reed Member-at-Large

Ian Syme Marina Maintenance Manager

Art Curtis Marina Projects Manager

1. CALL TO ORDER

Chair Wally Jeremy Harwood called the meeting to order at 4:07 pm.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Moved by Wally Foster

Seconded by Bob Vergette

THAT the agenda be approved.

CARRIED

3. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

Moved by Robb Zuk

Seconded by Wally Foster

THAT the minutes of the December 9 14 2019 Magic Lake Property Owners' Society meeting, be approved.

CARRIED

4. DELEGATIONS

Bob Vergette (Pender Island Junior Sailing,) presented a request for a donation from Magic Lake Property Owners' Society to off-set insurance and other costs that might not be recoverable from sailing fees. Bob Vergette advised that $250 from Magic Lake Property Owners' Society was approved to support Junior Sailing last year.

Moved by Wally Foster

Seconded by Robb Zuk

THAT Magic Lake Property Owners' Society provide $250 to Pender Island Junior Sailing.

CARRIED

A/I

  • Jean and Joanna to provide a cheque to PIJS.

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING

  1. Marina

Robb and Joanna continue to refine the data base that is now accessible to all members of the Executive.

Wally provided updates on the tasks completed and that are on-going. The Marin team minutes from the latest meeting have been circulated to Board members. Wally continues to make arrangements for future maintenance, repairs to the breakwater, and stockpiling of and stockpiling of the necessary material with Big Digem.

Provision of “kiddie” PFDs at the marina to be loaned out for boating trips was discussed.

A/Is

  • Kathy will ask for donations of “kiddy” PFDs to Magic Lake Property Owners' Society in the next Pender Post article.

  • The Nu-to-You will be shopped for “kiddy” PFDs.

  • The Marina crew will construct a PFD rack and place appropriate signage for borrowing these items, and signage asking boaters to ensure that children are outfitted with PDFs.

It was noted that salt is needed for the docks.

A/I

  • Bob will contact Art to purchase salt.

  1. Recreation / Tennis

Joanna has updated Home Hardware with the current list of the Magic Lake Property Owners' Society Board members authorized to purchase materials on account.

  1. Other

Kathy has ordered the recording machine to be used at future Magic Lake Property Owners' Society Board meetings.

It was decided to not provide an alternate item to the Pender School PAC for this year’s silent auction.

Jean and Joanna have reviewed our marina liability insurance coverage. After some discussion, the Board decided that no additional insurance is required at this time.

6. TREASURER`S REPORT

Jean reported that marina maintenance costs are down year-over-year. She also noted that the budget is on track.

Moved by Wally Foster

Seconded by Jeremy Harwood

THAT the Treasurer’s report be approved.

CARRIED

7. DIRECTOR REPORTS

  1. Marina

Wally thanked the marina team and Joanna for facilitating tranferrance of written and digital material to Robb to be consolidated into the marina data base.

Wally also thanked Joanna for for providing continuity and overall knowledge of the workings of Magic Lake Property Owners' Society to the Board.

  1. Recreation / Tennis Report

No report.

  1. Director-at-Large

No report.

8. CORRESPONDENCE

Following the Parks Canada meeting regarding clearing of potential fire fuels from the National Park Reserve and Parks’ Canada’s plan to chip, rather than burn the wood, Carol Budnyk had written a letter the Board asking for clarification as whether the Magic Lake Property Owners' Society was considering purchasing a wood chipper.

A/I

  • Jeremy will contact Carol Budnyk to advise that Magic Lake Property Owners' Society is not considering purchasing a wood chipper.

9. NEW BUSINESS

None.

10. OTHER

a. Firesafe meeting report

Jeremy advised that he had attended the Parks Canada meeting and a report had been circulated to Magic Lake Property Owners' Society members.

b. AGM hearing issues / PA system

After some discussion, it was decided that the AGM should be held at a facility that has a PA system. Jean volunteered to reserve the date with the Legion, which has a PA system.

A/I

Jean will reserve the Legion for the AGM and advise Joanna that the Legion will be the venue for the AGM.

c. Magic Lake Estates Sewer System Borrowing Referendum

Wally advised that the sewer borrowing referendum had been passed with 207 “yes” votes and 36 “no” votes.

A/Is

  • Joanna will advise Magic Lake Property Owners' Society members of the results.

  • Kathy will provide this information in the next edition of the Pender Post.

  1. Orders from Payne’s Marine Supplies

Bob advised that a minimum order is required at Payne’s in order to take advantage of our corporate discount. Requested materials orders should be routed through Bob in order to maintain our discount. He further advised that the Payne’s catalogue is available on-line.

11. ADJOURNMENT

.

The meeting was adjourned at 5:18 pm.

Next meeting

Monday, March 9, 2020

4:00 pm

Pender Islands School

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square