MLPOS Directors Meeting, January 10, 2022

Attendees

Bob Coulson

President and Chair

Jeremy Harwood

Vice-President

Jean Deschenes

Treasurer

Lori Davenport

Secretary

Wally Foster

Marina General Manager

Mike Wiley

Recreation/Tennis

Robb Zuk

Marina Operations Manager

Joanna Rogers

Dave Reed

Art Curtis

Ian Syme

Office Manager

Member-at-large

Marina Projects Manager

Marina Maintenance Manager

Delegate

Tim Frick

Pender Island Parks & Recreation (PIPRC)

Discussion

Action

Called to order at 4:00 pm

1.

Approval of Agenda

Approved

Motioned by Jean

Seconded by Wally

Carried

2.

Approval of previous minutes

Approved

Motioned by Art Seconded by Robb

Carried

3.

Delegation

 Tim Frick from Pender Island Parks and Recreation discussed proposed playground at Shingle Bay

 MLPOS and PIPRC to collaborate and work together so playgrounds are not duplicated.

 PIPRC plans on redoing drainage and rebuilding washroom in 2022

 Plan for equipment is in 2024

Tim and Lori to discuss how to collaborate and what are the next steps

Magic Lake Property Owners’ Society

Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes January 10, 2022

MLPOS Directors’ meeting minutes

01/10/2022

4.

Governance update

 Jean and Bob had a meeting with CRD staff, Bob provided a summary at the meeting

 No response from CRD

Bob

5.

Survey Results & CRD Transportation Study

 CRD running an on-line Q&A on Jan. 17 & 18 and Jan. 27 & 28.

 Survey available on-line https://getinvolved.crd.bc.ca/sgi-transportation/survey_tools/community-survey2

Bob

6.

Treasurer’s Report

➢ Jean presented attached financial reports for discussion

➢ Revenue $653 more due to breakwater assessment fee

➢ Expenses $966 less due to a credit from our insurance company which has to share profits

➢ Donation to Santa Sac $750

➢ Balance sheet good, we are in good shape

Motioned by Jeremy Seconded by Lori Carried

7.

Marina Report

➢ Water leak found near valve station, not on our property

➢ Ambulance service has asked that we trim branches

➢ Focus has been on moving logs away from shore to keep ambulance bay open

➢ Lights on the ramp will be installed soon

➢ Plan for bigger projects for spring/summer 2022

Art/Wally/Ian

8.

Recreation/Tennis Report

➢ Prepare the 3 piles of debris into one pile so they can be chipped

➢ Tennis has been slow due to ice and snow

➢ Review current covid restrictions

➢ Contact Peter to get new signs made up

Mike

9.

Director-at-Large

➢ No updates

10.

Directors report

➢ Approval of Directors Report

Motioned by Jean Seconded by

MLPOS Directors’ meeting minutes

01/10/2022

Jeremy

Carried

11.

Correspondence

➢ No Correspondence

12.

New Business

Tree cutting

➢ What will be the process for cutting trees, will a permit be required?

Island Trust – Public Engagement Strategy

➢ MLPOS will identify as an interested party

➢ Do we need a delegate?

13.

Adjourn

 Adjourned at 5:35 pm

Next Meeting February 7th

Location: TBA

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square