MLPOS Directors Meeting March 9 2020.

MINUTES OF THE MAGIC LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS` SOCIETY

DIRECTORS MEETING

HELD ON MARCH 9 2020 AT 4:00 PM

AT PENDER ISLANDS SCHOOL

PENDER ISLANDS, BC

PRESENT: Jeremy Harwood President

Robb Zuk Marina Operations Manager

Wally Foster Marina General Manager

Art Curtis Marina Projects Manager

Mike Wiley Director of Recreation / Tennis Treasurer Jean Deschenes Treasurer

Joanna Rogers Office Manager

REGRETS: Ian Syme Marina Maintenance Manager

Bob Coulson Vice-President

Dave Reed Member-at-Large

GUESTS: Morleen Tomlinson

Bonita Brae

1. CALL TO ORDER

Chair Jeremy Harwood called the meeting to order at 4:05 pm.

Jeremy Harwood thanked the guests for attending, who said that they were in attendance to find out what Board meeting discussions were.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Moved by Kathy Gilbert

Seconded by Robb Zuk

THAT the agenda be approved.

CARRIED

3. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

Several typos in the February 2020 minutes were noted and have now been corrected.

Moved by Jeremy Harwood

Seconded by Kathy Gilbert

THAT the minutes of the February 10 2020 Magic Lake Property Owners' Society meeting, be approved.

CARRIED

4. DELEGATIONS

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING

Robb reported that he and Joanna continue to work on refinements to the marina spreadsheet, including improvements to security.

6. TREASURER`S REPORT

Treasurer Jean Deschenes presented the Treasurer’s report, noting that revenues and expenses for February were about the same as those for February 2019. The budget is on track.

Moved by Mike Wiley

Seconded by Art Curtis

THAT the Treasurer’s report be approved.

CARRIED

7. DIRECTOR REPORTS

  1. Marina

Art reported that all small fire extinguishers have been serviced. The large one remains to be serviced.

An ad should be placed in the Pender Post and on the Pender On-line Market advertising available vacant slips following renewals.

A/I

  • Robb and Joanna will work on advertising.

Wally reported that the marina team had responded to 3 pieces of correspondence regarding qualification for annual moorage rates.

The marina team reviewed all of the marina policies and regulations at a recent team meeting.

The marina team will conduct a dock walk to identify derelict and unused boats and contact owners of those boats. Robb noted that some owners are not using their boats, but do not know how to move toward disposing of their boats. Jean noted that boats can be removed by the Dead Boats Society, salvage companies and charitable organizations.

Robb recommended development of a marina Facebook page.

A/I

  1. Recreation / Tennis Report

Tennis court use is increasing. There are a few new members.

Pickle ball lines have yet to be painted.

Mike requested a few refinements to the Recreation / Tennis budget items.

A/I

  • Mike and Jean will work on the refinements.

  1. Director-at-Large

No report.

Moved by Jean Deschenes

Seconded by Robb Zuk

THAT the Directors’ reports be approved.

CARRIED

8. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

9. NEW BUSINESS

Joanna will develop an MLPOS Facebook page. Robb suggested that the Pender On-Line Market be used for posts as well.

A/I

  • Joanna will develop a Facebook page. A future Instagram page was suggested.

10. OTHER

a. Naming the tennis courts and playground

A/Is

  • Suggestions for the name of the facility and design of the sign(s) will be brought to the Board for consideration.

  • Glenn Henderson or Art Curtis will contact sign-maker Peter Hodgson.

b. Annual Renewals

Joanna reported that by the end of March, invoices for MLPOS membership, the President’s letter and marina contracts will have been sent out.

c. AGM

Jean reported that she had recently attended the Museum AGM, which was well-attended and engaging. She recommended that the MLPOS AGM format and content be updated to include items such as a history of Magic Lake Estates and the marina, that long-time residents be contacted to provide input into these items; and that refreshments be served. Jean will start organizing the AGM, including inviting speakers.

A/I

  • Jean will work on the above items.

11. ADJOURNMENT.

The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 pm.

Next meeting

Monday, April 6 2020

4:00 pm

Pender Islands School

Note: Meeting postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak.

Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square